The St. Paul Public Housing Agency owns and operates 16 hi-rises. Our apartment buildings are designed for residents who are age 62 or older, disabled or single adults.
The buildings are located in neighborhoods throughout St. Paul. While each building is unique in its design and community character, you'll find some features and benefits common to all of the hi-rises. These include:
- Building Manager
- Human Services Coordinator
- Laundry facilities
- Individually controlled thermostats
- Frost-free refrigerators
- Electric stoves (except Mt. Airy)
- Community room with kitchen (available for private parties with reservations)
- Metro transit bus line near the building
- Emergency response cords
- Controlled entry with security camera system
- Cable TV access available
- Mailboxes and package lockers
- Tub rooms available
- Recycling program
- A variety of opportunities to socialize
Hi-Rise Building Locations
Click here for a map of our hi-rise building locations.
- Click here for PHA Policy and Procedures
- Click here for a list of PHA Hi-Rises and contact numbers
- Click here for 211B.20 Minnesota Statutes
Wilder Hi-Rise Survey Report
The "Service Needs and Satisfaction Levels of Hi-Rise Residents" report was conducted for the PHA by the Wilder Research Center in 2002.
Click here to view the report summary (25 pages).
Click here to view the full report (172 pages).
Wilder Program Evaluation
Click here to view the report "Program Evaluation: Community Safety and Residents' Satisfaction" (86 pages) conducted for the PHA by the Wilder Research Center in 1999.
Social Service Needs Report
Click here to view the January 1992 report "Social Service Needs In Public Housing Hi-Rises" (67 pages).