Surprising facts about rental assistance.  Please click on the image below for a short video addressing the myths surrounding the Housing Choice Voucher Program!


Private property owners are a vital partner in the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program.  PHA offers these resources for our current or potential property owners:

  • The PHA holds regular, in-person landlord orientations, which cover basic program information and are designed for small group interaction.  Program staff are available to provide a program overview, and/or answer any questions that you have by phone or video conference. 

    Click here for the owner handbook that contains more detailed information including samples of required forms such as the lease addendum and housing assistance payments contract.


Owner Newsletter

One way we communicate information to property owners is through a newsletter that is generally published quarterly and mailed with your checks.

For a copy of the PHA's most recent owner newsletter, Click here

To view past owner newsletters, click here.

The Partner Portal

The Partner Portal is a secure, web-based tool where property owners and managers can access information relating to properties currently under contract with the PHA to receive HCV (Section 8) Housing Assistance Payments. It is also the property owner’s gateway to enrolling in Direct Deposit for all payments from the PHA. For Partner Portal questions and comments, please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Click here for the announcement.

Click here for answers to frequently asked questions.

Click here to log in.

RRP Certification

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recently released a new rule affecting individuals who perform renovations, repairs or painting (RRP) on structures built before 1978, since these structures could contain lead-based paint. Individuals performing RRP work on rental properties must be EPA certified. After taking the course taught by accredited trainers, individuals must contact the EPA to obtain their EPA certification. If an individual is employed by an EPA certified firm they do not have to be individually certified as long as the firm’s certification is valid. Proof of certification is required before a unit will pass a Housing Quality Standards (HQS) inspection and before payment will be released.

The PHA does not directly provide any RRP courses, but there are excellent organizations in the area that offer these courses, and others:

Sustainable Resources Center, Inc.
1081 Tenth Avenue S.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55414

You can find other providers by searching here.

For more understanding on this requirement and any others, we suggest reviewing the EPA webpage for Renovation, Repair, and Painting program

Address Changes

It is important that we have current information so that the monthly assistance payments are mailed to the correct address. Please submit all address changes in writing including the old information, new information and the addresses of the properties you own that receive assistance. You can do the following:

    Mail to:
    St. Paul PHA, W. Andrew Boss Building
    555 N. Wabasha St., Ste 300
    St. Paul, MN 55102
    Attn: Anna Decrans

    Fax to (651) 292-6649, Attn: Anna

    Email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 

If you have bought or sold a property that receives Section 8 assistance, please call (651) 292-6034 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thank You

Thanks for partnering with us to provide decent, safe and affordable housing to low income families.