St. Paul PHA Public Housing Waiting Lists Closing October 1, 2018
Beginning October 1, 2018 and until further notice, the St. Paul Public Housing Agency (PHA) will stop accepting applications for its public housing program. Effective on this date, the PHA will not be accepting applications for any bedroom size.
All applications received prior to October 1st will be processed according to the PHA’s approved policies. The policies include admission preferences for persons who live, work or attend school in the City of St. Paul, or who have been accepted for work or school in St. Paul; and for veterans, members of the armed services and their dependents.
The PHA will announce in advance when the waiting list will reopen for new applications.
Click here for more information about waiting list closing.
- The PHA does not have any emergency housing. All of the PHA’s public housing units are occupied.
- Families in Ramsey County who have no housing options and are seeking emergency overnight shelter should call Coordinated Access to Housing and Shelter (CAHS) at 651-215-2262. The staff at CAHS will assess whether the family is eligible for emergency shelter or supportive housing in one of the project-based voucher programs and make a referral if possible. Click here for more information.
- Single adults who are experiencing homelessness and are seeking emergency shelter can call the Dorothy Day Center, 651-647-2350 or go to 183 Old 6th Street in St. Paul.
- Youth (18 and older) who are experiencing homelessness and are seeking emergency shelter can call Safe Zone, 651-224-9644 or go to the Safe Zone Drop In Center at 308 Prince Street in Lowertown.
- You must report any changes of address and/or household size or status in writing.
- The PHA will contact you annually regarding your continued interest in the public housing program. You must respond to this notice or your name will be removed from the waiting list.
- All applicants for the Public Housing Program must complete a thorough screening process that includes criminal and housing history background checks.
How to Find the PHA
Click here for a map of downtown St. Paul.
Click here for a link to Metro Transit (bus routes).